Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Tagging

It really amazes me how much is out there on the weirdest subjects! As you can see from my photos I really love ferrets and so of course I used this to search delicious and connotea. Within minutes I found myself buying ferret hammocks online. It's another way to find what's out there instead of a search engine, I guess.

Tagging is amusing to me, because as a library cataloguer I saw it as a job or work to assign headings or subjects. It seems that people love it though! And the constrictions of LCSH was always very annoying. I find tagging great for Library Thing where people assign specific or even odd tags & you can easily find other weird books . One thing I don't like as a cataloguer is bad spelling in tags!!

The world is big
Just checked out Google Buzz and it's neat --because it's linked to gmail, comments go straight to your  Inbox and I can use this on my phone.

1 comment:

  1. I must check out Google Buzz!
    There will be an option for tagging in PRIMO records.

    ReplyDelete