Monday, September 6, 2010

Online tools for books

Hey, this Thing is great timing for me.

I organise a book club...well when I say organise there isn't that much I have to do but at the moment I'm looking for suggestions for books for next year.

My pet ferret Lisa
Google Books is great for ideas & the best thing is when you click on a cover (and I love seeing the covers!) you are given a sneak preview of the first few pages - scanned & easily readable. Subjects are listed down the left and easy to click on & tons more books show up. All easy to use & lots of old books not just new ones like on bookshop sites.

Library Thing is good for people's honest reviews but the site is harder to use, haven't got everything out of it yet. I joined it years ago & it has changed a lot since then. People buy, sell & swap books still though.

1 comment:

  1. Love that you are putting images in your posts- (I don't ask you to do that for a couple more things!!)
    I imagine LibraryThing, Google Books or Booktagger would be great for bookgroups!

    ReplyDelete